tinyMediaManager (https://www.tinymediamanager.org) is a media management tool written in Java/Swing. It is written to provide metadata for Kodi (formerly known as XBMC). Due to the fact that it is written in Java, tinyMediaManager will run on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX (and possible more OS).
How does tinyMediaManager work
The base work of tinyMediaManager is divided into three parts
- Searching for media on your hard disks (aka update data sources / importing) and adding it into an internal database
- Searching for meta data in the internet (aka scraping)
- Writing the found meta data onto the disk for further usage (aka writing NFOs)
Where can I get tinyMediaManager
Download it here https://www.tinymediamanager.org/download/
It will always auto-update to it’s latest version (after confirmation).
What do I need to run tinyMediaManager
- Java Runtime Environment: Version 1.8 or higher
- RAM: 1 GB
- CPU: 1 GHz
- Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 or above.